Teachers play an important role in guiding the growth and development of a child. Starting from learning the alphabets in nursery school, a child develops the skills in reading, writing and arithmetics. The child then progresses to study literature, science, mathematics, social studies, and foreign languages in high school. All this growth in intellect would not be possible without the guidance and constructive support of the teachers. As parents, it is appropriate to show our appreciation to our children’s teachers by sending them a small gift. While we can certainly let the teachers know how much we appreciate them at any time of the year, most parents send teacher gifts on National Teacher Day (the Tuesday on the first full week in May), at the end of the school year, or for Christmas holiday. This article provides some gift ideas for your children’s teachers.
In selecting gifts for teachers, you can think about what they may like and what may be useful to make their lives a little easier. There are many gifts designed specifically for teachers, while other gifts may be sent to anyone, but are especially useful for teachers.
1. Teacher Gift Basket: There are gift baskets designed with teachers in mind. One such basket consists of a gift tote filled with an inspirational book for teachers, a coffee cup, a writing notebook, gourmet coffee, and a varieties of gourmet treats.
2. Personalized Coffee Mug: You can send an attractive white ceramic coffee mug that come in many different designs to choose from. The mug can be personalized with the teacher’s name, grade level and subject. The teacher can use the mug for their hot drinks.
3. Personalized Picture Frame: You can send your favorite teacher a picture frame personalized with the name of the teacher, school, grade level, or subject taught. There are many colorful designs to choose from.
4. Personalized Tote: A teacher has to carry teaching materials, students’ homework, papers, and books to school. You can make this task a little easier by sending them an attractive spacious tote bag personalized with their initials.
5. Personalized Pen: Every teacher can use a pen to take notes and grade papers. A pen personalized with their initials will make a useful gift.
6. Personalized Key Chain with Flash Drive: A teacher has to write lesson plans, and prepare notes on subject matters. It will be useful to have a flash drive to store all these written materials in one place. This personalized flash drive key chain is sterling silver-plated and can be engraved with the initials of the recipient. This gift can be fit in a pocket or purse.
7. Personalized Key Chain with Small Screw Drivers: Teachers often wear glasses that may become loose from time to time. This smart personalized keychain has two hidden small screwdrivers that can be used for fixing glasses or changing batteries for small electronics. The key chain can be engraved with three initials of the recipients.
8. Coffee Gift Basket: If your favorite teacher is a coffee connoisseur, you may consider sending him/her a coffee gift basket filled with gourmet coffee and savory snacks. Teachers deserve a coffee break from their busy teaching schedule.
9. Thank You Gift Basket: You can also express your gratitude by sending a thank you gift basket, which is a gourmet gift basket with thank you theme. The gift basket may come with Thanks a Million theme bags of gourmet treats, or Thanks a Million imprinted ribbon. The basket will sure deliver your message of gratitude loud and clear.
10. Spa Gift: A teacher’s job can be challenging and stressful at times. Thus, teachers deserve a little pampering to release stress. You can send a spa gift basket to your favorite teacher to relax and rejuvenate.